Material for painting flower pots
Before you can start working, you should have the tools you need ready:
- cleaned clay or terracotta pots
- Acrylic paint, is weather-resistant and does not fade even when exposed to intense sunlight.
- different strength brushes
- possibly a sponge to apply primer
- an old plate as a mixed pallet
- a hair dryer
- a plastic tablecloth as a base, an old newspaper or plastic bag is also sufficient
- old clothes, especially important when children are drawing
- possibly disposable gloves
- Decorate a flower pot with glue
- Make a flower pot out of paper
- The flower pot - the somewhat different nesting box
Painting a flower pot step by step
Terracotta or clay pots are very easy to paint. They beautify the balcony and terrace with a new, colorful face. Bright colors make the self-designed pots an eye-catcher in the garden. They are also very popular as small, homemade gifts.
- Start working and come up with a special motif.
- It makes work easier if the motif is first recorded on a sheet of paper. In this way, the proportions can be better assessed and the right colors can be selected.
- Thoroughly clean the chosen pot and let it dry out well.
- Apply a primer with a sponge so that the chosen colors hold better.
- To do this, take an acyl paint as a background and apply it to the entire surface of the pot. Don't forget to paint the top edge and the inner area that is not covered by earth. After painting and planting, the terracotta color should no longer be visible.
- The primer must be dry before further painting. If you don't want to wait long, simply blow dry the pot.
- Now you can start drawing on your personal motifs. Let your creativity take over your mind and body.
- Although the acrylic paint is quite weatherproof, you can apply a fixer once the paint is completely dry. A matt spray is well suited. The colors come into their own here. A gloss spray could create unwanted light reflections in the sun.
Alternative to painting
Those who are not satisfied with their painting skills do not need to do without colorfully designed flower pots. After priming the pot with your favorite color, let the pot dry well and then decorate it with cool sayings. It is best to use a waterproof permanent marker from a stationery store as a pen. Here, too, you end your work with a fixation.