How toxic is thimble?

How toxic is thimble?

Which parts of the plant are poisonous?

All parts of the thimble are poisonous. The stems and leaves are particularly important. The seeds and flowers are classified as less toxic. However, you should also watch out for them. Never eat the plant! She is fatal!

also read

  • Is thimble poisonous to dogs?
  • Do you have to overwinter the thimble?
  • Foxglove and its heyday

How is poisoning noticeable?

It is so-called digitaloids that make the thimble an extremely poisonous representative of the plant world. The following symptoms can occur if only small amounts are consumed:

  • nausea
  • Vomit
  • diarrhea
  • Visual disturbances
  • Cardiac arrhythmias
  • delirium
  • Hallucinations
  • Cardiac arrest

Extreme caution with children and pets

The utmost caution is required in gardens or households with small children and free-range pets. For the sake of the health of their children, parents should not plant the thimble in their own garden. Heightened caution also applies to those who live on the edge of the forest or have a garden there. The thimble could be overgrown on your own property.

If animals such as dogs, cats, rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs, birds, goats, horses and cows were to eat the thimble, they would also come very close to death or die from it. The poison is not interested in the species, but acts independently and reliably.

Tips & Tricks

First aid measures in the event of poisoning are: fluids and contact an emergency doctor immediately.