Storing parasols in the refrigerator is a matter of luck. There has to be exactly the right climate in the storage area. It must not be too damp, but also not too dry. If there is too much moisture, the Parasol molds overnight, if it is lacking in moisture it dries out quickly, becomes tough and loses its aroma. It is best not to do any experiments and freeze the parasols that are not consumed immediately. This requires a little preparation.
- Freeze the bovist
- As if freshly collected: freeze forest mushrooms
- Should I dry or freeze the frilled mother hen?
All forms of the umbrella, from the drumstick stage to the shielded mushroom, can be eaten. If they are to be frozen, this must be done in the raw state. To save yourself work, you can prepare the mushrooms ready for kitchen before freezing them. It is best to bread the parasol hats similar to a schnitzel. You can then freeze the prepared mushrooms raw. Umbrellas can be kept in the freezer for up to a year.
The preparation for freezing explained step by step
- Clean the mushrooms and separate the stems, because only the umbrella is tasty.
- Cut very large and thick hats into slices about 1 cm thick.
- Salt and pepper the mushrooms, first turn in flour, then in beaten egg and bread with breadcrumbs.
- Place the mushroom schnitzel side by side on a tray and freeze on top.
- As soon as the parasols are frozen through, you can pack them in portions in suitable freezer cans and store them in the freezer.
The frozen breaded parasols must never be thawed before preparation. As soon as the mushroom thaws, it becomes mushy and inedible. Put the mushrooms frozen in a pan with plenty of hot fat or in a deep fryer and fry them until crispy.
The garden journal freshness-ABC
How can fruit and vegetables be stored correctly so that they stay fresh as long as possible?
The garden journal freshness ABC as a poster:
- Order here cheaply as an A3 print for your kitchen
- as a free PDF file to print out yourself