Sending into exile with gas - this is how it works
In the ecologically managed garden, people are increasingly turning away from the use of toxic substances. This applies equally to crop protection and pest control. This trend led the industry to specifically develop non-toxic methods to scare off the uninvited guests instead of killing them. With the innovative vole gas based on vegetable lavadin oil, there is a good chance that the rodents will run away. That is how it goes:
- Open the gas cartridge and slide it into the water vole passage
- Ignite the fuse
- Immediately close the passage so that the gas does not escape
- How to fight aphids without chemicals - an overview of tried and tested home remedies
- Fighting fleas in the garden - this is how it works
- Fighting rat plague in the garden - tips for the right strategy
As a result of the smoke development, the unpleasant smell for the voles settles on the walls of the corridors. The animals then leave your garden to look for other sources of food.
Chasing the devil with smells - tips & tricks
Proven home remedies for combating it aim in a similar direction to vole gas. The following smells drive the water vole away never to be seen again:
- Pour liquid manure from spruce and thuja branches into the aisles
- Soak cloths with turpentine or vinegar essence and stuff them in the aisles
- Mix animal and human hair with walnut leaves and put in
Butyric acid is the ultimate in deterring water voles. Anyone who has ever been hit with a stink bomb by rascals knows the infernal smell. Since extreme caution is required when using it in order not to become a victim of this strategy, we recommend the use of butyric acid only in extreme emergencies.
The earthworks of water voles and the strictly protected moles look very similar. With the help of the burrowing method, you can determine who is really undermining the garden. To do this, dig up the suspicious passage in various places. If the holes are closed again within 6 hours, you are dealing with a water vole. A mole does not close the holes at all or takes a few days.