Potential reasons for pitting zucchini
There are two reasons why you need to core your zucchini:
- first acquaintance of a baby with fresh vegetables
- preparing stuffed zucchini
- Drying zucchini - how to make vegetarian zucchini chips
- Storage and preservation of zucchini
- Grow zucchini in the right location
Introduce baby to fresh zucchini
Do you have a baby that you gradually want to cook and feed with fresh vegetables? Then you should always check how things are going with the zucchini kernels in the beginning. If these are small and inconspicuous, you do not need to take them out. If, on the other hand, they present themselves quite stately, you'd better remove them.
Small zucchini usually contain tiny seeds. More distinctive kernels can only be found in correspondingly large zucchini. Take this fact into account when buying.
Prepare the stuffed zucchini
The second situation that requires the pitting of zucchini concerns the type of preparation: If you want to cook stuffed zucchini, the kernels inside are a hindrance - and should therefore also be out.
Core the zucchini quickly and easily
It is really not rocket science to remove the seeds from zucchini. All you need are the vegetables, a sharp knife, and a tablespoon or teaspoon. Just follow our short step-by-step guide:
- Place the vegetables on a sturdy cutting board.
- Cut it in half with a sharp knife.
- Now scrape out the seeds with a tablespoon or teaspoon.
Usually the whole thing doesn't take more than two or three minutes.
There are also pits available in stores that are specially designed for zucchini - but you can really save the 20 euros, because it works just as well with a simple spoon, it may only take a moment longer.
The garden journal freshness-ABC
How can fruit and vegetables be stored correctly so that they stay fresh as long as possible?
The garden journal freshness ABC as a poster:
- Order here cheaply as an A3 print for your kitchen
- as a free PDF file to print out yourself