Make carrot juice
Carrots can be juiced with the juicer or by pureeing. In both cases, the vegetables are first washed and if the carrots are not fresh from the garden, they should also be peeled.
- Juice the onions and make cough syrup
- In this way, carrots stay fresh for a long time and mold away
- Make horsetail manure yourself
Juicing in the juicer
- Clean the carrots and cut them into pieces about 5 cm long. The size depends on the performance of the juicer.
- Place a glass or the collecting container under the sink and start juicing.
- Refine the juice according to your taste.
It becomes fruity with apple or orange juice, possibly with a little lemon or honey.
It gets hearty with tomato or celery juice and a little salt and pepper.
In any case, add a few drops of sunflower or rapeseed oil to the juice, because vitamins A and E are fat-soluble, so the body can only absorb them in combination with oil.
You should consume carrot juice immediately because it starts to oxidize immediately after production, which means that the nutrients it contains gradually break down. Even in the refrigerator, it only stays fresh for one day.
Juicing by pureeing
If a juicer is not available, you can also puree in the mixer attachment of the food processor or with the hand blender. However, this type of juicing takes a little more time than the juicer.
- Wash and clean the vegetables and cut pieces small enough that your blender will be able to puree the whole thing.
- Add a little water while pureeing, this will make the puree more mushy.
- Pour the porridge into a large saucepan and add about half a liter of hot water.
- Mix well and let it steep for 30 minutes.
- Pour the liquid through a fine sieve and collect the juice in a second container.
- Using a spoon, squeeze the pulp in the sieve well.
- Mix the carrot juice with other juices according to your taste. Don't forget the teaspoon of oil!
The garden journal freshness-ABC
How can fruit and vegetables be stored correctly so that they stay fresh as long as possible?
The garden journal freshness ABC as a poster:
- Order here cheaply as an A3 print for your kitchen
- as a free PDF file to print out yourself