Insekten Arten am Lochverschluss erkennen
- Die Rote Mauerbiene: grober, rauer Mörtel, Lehm oder Ton
- Die Löcherbiene: in Harz gefangene Steinchen
- Die Scherenbiene: in Harz gefangene Steinchen
- Die Lehmwespe: Lehm, glatter Mörtel, etwas zurückgesetzt
- The potter's grave wasp (Trypoxylon spec.): Brings its brood green spiders, which then lie in front of the entrance
- The potter's digger wasp (Trypoxylon figulus): closes its holes in May, holes have a small hole
In addition, there are numerous types of insects (mainly wasps) that pierce the bees' nest locks in order to lay their eggs in the nest that has been made. The host's brood serves as food for the hatching larvae.
- Drilling holes for the insect hotel - instructions and tips
- Bamboo sticks in the insect hotel
- Who lives in my insect hotel?
Seal holes yourself?
A stable rear wall only allows frontal flying in. However, this construction is not absolutely necessary as long as the insect hotel (€ 8.87 at Amazon *) is also inaccessible to birds on the back. Bees then use both entrances. You can offer the insects a nesting place from the following materials:
- Bamboo tubes
- pierced hardwood
- dried stems of knotweed
- Clay blocks or bricks
Always make sure that the holes are clean. Cracks cause damage to the wings of bees.
Clean closed holes?
Sealed holes in the insect hotel are not uncommon during the breeding season. Sometimes the seals even last longer than a year. Many gardeners then suspect that the brood is long dead and remove the nest seal when cleaning. In this regard, you should know that the larvae of some insect species take such a long time to hatch. It is better to leave the seals to themselves. Some species of bees remove the material of their predecessors on their own.