Recipe for pickling chili peppers
Preliminary note: The recipe is for one serving. If you want to put in several servings of chili peppers, simply multiply the quantities accordingly.
- Pickling figs - delicious recipe and instructions
- Inserting capers - recipe and instructions
- Pickling pumpkin sweet and sour - recipe and instructions
- 150 g chili peppers *
- 100 ml of water
- 75 ml vinegar (with at least 5% acid)
- 25 ml of olive oil
- half a clove of garlic
- 25 g sugar **
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- sufficiently large mason jar
- cooking pot
* If you use mild chili peppers, you can use them whole. If, on the other hand, you use very hot specimens (chilli peppers), you should first cut them in half to remove the kernels.
** For health reasons, we advise you to avoid traditional sugar and use birch sugar instead.
How to pickle chili peppers step by step
- First, prepare the mason jar. It has to be absolutely clean and sterile. To sterilize it, i.e. to eliminate all germs, simply wash it out with boiling hot water and then let it air dry (make sure that it is in a hygienic place).
- Wash the chili peppers thoroughly.
- Dry the vegetables with clean kitchen paper.
- If necessary, cut the chili peppers in half and remove the seeds, which you can then throw away.
- Cut the garlic as small as possible with a sharp kitchen knife.
- Layer the chili peppers in the mason jar - very close together.
- Pour the water, vinegar, oil, a pinch of salt, sugar, peppercorns and garlic into the saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then simmer for three to five minutes.
- Pour the hot stock over the chili peppers so that they are completely covered.
- Immediately seal the mason jar airtight.
- Let the whole thing cool down.
- Store the pickled peppers in a cool place - whether in a pantry or in the refrigerator is not important.
The pickled chili peppers keep for at least six months, and often even longer.
The garden journal freshness-ABC
How can fruit and vegetables be stored correctly so that they stay fresh as long as possible?
The garden journal freshness ABC as a poster:
- Order here cheaply as an A3 print for your kitchen
- as a free PDF file to print out yourself